Frequently asked questions

Q: My manager says I might be disciplined what should I do?

A: Contact your local rep, or branch secretary immediately. 
Details of your branch are in the branch directory.

Q: I have a grading query who can I speak to?

A:  In the first instance you should contact your branch secretary. You can look up the name of your branch secretary in the branch directory.

Q: I think I need legal advice, who do I call?

A: If the advice is about an accident or a work related illness contact the Personal Injury Unit at PCS head office on 0207 801 2651. If the legal advice required is about employment law contact your branch secretary.  

Q: What is the number of the legal helpline?

A: Legal 24 hr helpline 0800 916 9066        

Q: I have not recieved my ballot paper/magazine?

A: If you've changed your home or workplace address recently please e-mail the DWP group office or call 0113 200 5300.

If you've changed your work address contact your local representative

Q: How do I notify PCS of my change of address?

A: Members in Department for Work and Pensions should e-mail the DWP group office or call 0113 200 5300. 

Any members not employed by DWP can find their group office contact details under the 'PCS where I work' tab above.

Q: Where is the group office located, do you have a map?

A: 3rd Floor, Town Centre House, Merrion Centre, Leeds, LS2 8LY.  We are just a 10 minute walk from Leeds city railway station. A detailed map is available.

Q: How can I become a PCS representative?

A: Information about the role of a PCS representative and how you can get more involved in your union is available on the "get involved" pages of this web site.

Q: How can I get a PCS application form?

A: Either e-mail the DWP group office and an application form will be sent or alternatively phone 0113 200 5300 or download an application form

Q:  Where can I get some recruitment material for my branch's recruitment drive?

A:  Contact the DWP group office by email or by phone 0113 200 5300 with details of your requirements.

Q: Can I remain a member of the PCS if I leave the department?

A: Yes. You can become an associate and retired member. Contact your branch secretary for an application form or phone 020 7801 2639 or look at the PCS website under associations. 

Tab Bottom

  1. Directory
  2. Contact Us