PCS has approximately 16,500 members working in our region, covering Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, Durham, the Tees Valley and Cumbria.
Members are employed in a range of government departments including:
PCS plays a full part in the northern TUC and is represented at all levels of its regional structure. We have a team of four delegates to the biennial conference, and three serving members of the executive committee.
Support PCS Pay Day protests 31 March 2017
PCS Branches across the country from every department are holding pay day protests on Friday 31 March.
There are three big regional events on 31 March at:
Leeds: Town Hall, Headrow at 12.30
Sheffield: Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) office, Norfolk Street at 12.30
Newcastle: Benton Park View, main entrance NE98 1ZZ at 12.15
Email PCS with your photos/stories
If you have organised a pay day protest in your branch, please email photos/stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. If using social media, then use hashtags #m31 #PayUp. Please also copy to email@example.com for regional facebook pages.
Some PCS members report that by the end of each month they face difficult choices between paying bills and putting food on the table. Please let us know:
- What have you had to do to make ends meet?
- If yours is a 'just about managing' family, what does that mean in reality?
- What would an inflation-busting pay rise mean for you?
Please email your stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us to demonstrate against this closure.
Helping branches with AGMs – Getting PCS better organised
You should by now have made arrangements for your branch Annual General Meeting (AGM). Your AGM is an important meeting. The Newcastle PCS Regional Office can help if you need it.
We want to use Branch AGMs to work with you to help with promoting the union, getting PCS better organised and discussing how we can recruit non-members to join PCS.
1. We can help you with advice if you are new to organising an AGM.
2. We can help promote the union with leaflets, posters, promotional materials and information about membership benefits.
3. We can help gather members contact details.
4. We can work with you to plan recruitment of non-members and Advocates.
5. We can help arrange guest speakers.
If you want help with any of these please contact Northern@pcs.org.uk
You may also get advice about arranging your AGM here.