Fight the Office Closures and Job Cuts
HMRC management is continuing its campaign of office closures and job cuts. Under the 'Building Our Future' plans, the majority of offices will close and more than 9,000 jobs will be lost by 2021.
HMRC is refusing to justify its closure plans - to either PCS, parliament or the public. We have asked to see a business case but these requests have been ignored. Even the huge changes brought about by the decision to leave the EU have not had any affect on the closure plans.
Workers now face been made compulsorily redundant, while sometimes in the same areas, HMRC is recruiting other staff.
PCS oppose the plans and it is essential that members come together to defend the offices, your jobs and your livelihoods. You should:
- make sure you join PCS, and get your workmates to join
- attend any local PCS meetings
- keep up to date via members' briefings, the group journal Or&cle, the campaign newsletter Revenue Uncut, the HMRC pages of the PCS website, follow @pcsrcgroup on Twitter and join the PCS R&C group on Facebook
- register your personal email address with PCS
- consider getting more involved in your union as a local representative or as a 'PCS advocate' - see your branch secretary for details.
If we stand together - we can win.
Selected briefings are posted on the latest news section. Your local representative will have access to all briefings issued by the group.
Or&cle is the magazine for PCS members in the Revenue & Customs (R&C) group employed in HMRC and the VOA. It is no longer posted to members but is instead available as a pdf to download or read online.