The PCS north west regional centre covers nearly 40,000 PCS members living and working in the north west; spread over 80 local branches and 10 national branches. On the North West pages you'll find:
- The regional office and facilities
- The work of the regional office
- Direct Debit: Have YOU signed-up yet?
- The work of the PCS north west regional committee
- Forthcoming events and courses in the north west
- How to join PCS
- PCS, 3rd Floor, Jack Jones House, 1 Islington, Liverpool L3 8EG.
- tel: 0151 298 3900
- fax: 0151 298 9636
The regional office has meeting and conference facilities available to members and allied organisations.
- The Robert Tressell Room is equipped with video conference facilities and can comfortably accommodate 60 people (theatre style)
- The Lillian Urmston Room has telephone conference facilities and is suitable for meetings of up to 14 people (boardroom style).
Advanced booking is essential by email at NWRC@pcs.org.uk or by telephone on 0151 298 3900. All facilities are accessible. A cafeteria is open on the ground floor of the building between 9.30 am and 2.30 pm.
Other staff based in the office are:
- Steve Farley, national officer
- Mary Doolin, industrial officer
- Jim Knotts, industrial officer
- Claire Jones, industrial officer
- Laura Lloyd, industrial officer
- Richard Murphy, industrial officer
- Sheila Pevely, organising officer
- Joanne Mee, organising officer
- Anne Thornton, communications officer
- Ann Ainsworth, regional learning services officer
- Lee Hammond, regional learning services officer
- Donna Henners, organising officer
- Jenny Kenny, organising officer
Some of the largest government departments have already ended the payment of PCS subscriptions through payroll. Others are planning to do so imminently.
PCS has had great success in moving members to the direct debit method of monthly subscription payment. However there are still members who are yet to make the switch to direct debit - a switch which is essential if you are to ensure you remain a member of your trade union, with all of the protection and benefits that this brings.
It is easy to sign-up to direct debit online. More information can be found on our dedicated pages
It is now easier and more important than ever to join the biggest union for those working in the civil service, non-departmental public bodies and in the commercial sector on government contracts. If you have your bank details and national insurance numbers to hand you can Join PCS online in a few minutes.The contact details of your local PCS representatives are available on request from this office.
Join the fight back against austerity. Join PCS.
PCS in the north west on Twitter
The PCS north west region has a Twitter account. Please follow us to see regular information regarding activities and events in the region, relevant news and updates on campaigns. This is a useful tool for supplying information that may be hard to circulate by other means.
PCS in the north west on Facebook
The PCS north west region now has a Facebook page. Please like our page to keep up to date with what's happening in the region. This page is interactive and you can post your own events, links to petitions and comments.
Page last updated 17 August 2016