Legal representation, on and off duty, 24 hours a day. For no more than £7.28 a month.
Many PCS members work closely with the public in situations which can sometimes cause conflict, especially those working in enforcement or custodial duties. These incidents can result in criminal proceedings.
With no guarantee your employer will provide you with legal expenses indemnity and the continued erosion of the right to legal aid, members can find themselves potentially exposed and forced to fund their own defence against criminal charges.
Exclusively for PCS members, Criminal Legal Insurance provides:
Criminal Prosecution Defence
- Legal representation at any interview relating to criminal defence matters
- Legal representation in Magistrates Court
- All legal advice costs covered following the Crown Court Means Test if the case proceeds to Crown Court
Civil Legal Defence
- All advice costs covered to defend your legal rights if civil actions are brought against you under the unlawful discrimination and Data Protection Act
Representation at IPCC Complaints
- Representation at Public Inquiries and Inquests
- All cover is subject to reasonable prospects of success.
How do I find out more?
If this sounds like an insurance policy you might need and you’d like to discuss this further, please contact us:
- 0345 209 4465
- Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5.30pm,
Criminal Legal Insurance is provided by ARC Legal Assistance Ltd.
- Benefits2U is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. (FCA Number 301858) Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL Registered in England and Wales No. 04224318