PCS is a strong supporter of and collaborator with Tax Justice Network
Watch TJN's Race to the Bottom video
John Christensen, director at the Tax Justice Network, and Naomi Fowler, host of the Taxcast podcast, take a stroll down London's Mayfair - the most expensive place on the famous Monopoly game board - to discuss the race to the bottom between nations on tax and regulations and the harm that's doing to our economy and our standard of living, putting forward a more positive vision.
There is an alternative
The government claims there is no alternative to the austerity agenda while failing to close a tax gap that loses the UK economy £120 billion a year.
- Jobs and pay are being cut, benefits slashed and public services closed.
- Small businesses are struggling to survive on our high streets while the multinationals that dominate them are allowed to pay little or no tax.
- The highest earners get a tax cut while low earners see their income fall below the cost of living.
We want a fair tax system and are campaigning for:
- A closing of the tax gap
- More staff in HMRC, the government department responsible for assessing, enforcing and collecting taxes
- Making those most able pay their fair share of taxes.
Tax gap report
A report by Richard Murphy, director of Tax Research UK for PCS reveals the true extent of tax evasion and what can be done about it.
Join us in our campaign for tax justice:
- Support local events organised by PCS
Updated 6 December 2019 to include the TJN video