PCS has a proud history of campaigning against racism and fascism and it is the union’s agreed policy to oppose racist and fascist organisations in our workplaces and communities.
We also comemorate key dates in the calendar that remind us of the evils of fascism and racism, while celebrating our diversity as a multicultural society.
2019 review of PCS Anti-racism/Anti-fascism (ARAF) strategy
Motions A14 and A15 carried at the 2019 annual delegate conference committed PCS to a review of the ARAF strategy which has been in place since 2014. The review is to take into account the changing nature of the threat of racism in the UK, the rise of populism and an alarming increase in hate crime. Instructions included:
- Continued support for anti-racism organisations
- Support for anti-racism events, campaigns and counter demonstrations while ensuring maximum safety for those involved
- Circulation of key dates including events in regions and nations
- Development of political education linking PCS education, equalities and ARAF strands with our work on anti-austerity and environmental justice
- Consideration of drawing up lists of activists for a trade union stewarding group
This section includes advice and support for PCS members, as well as links to useful resources and anti-racism organisations that PCS supports
Stand Up to Racism: PCS supports Stand Up To Racism, which organises two conferences each year with international speakers and workshops. They also organise national and regional marches and anti-racism events. More information can be found on their Facebook page.
Show Racism the Red Card : Show Racism the Red Card is an educational charity which provides workshops, training sessions, multimedia packages, and other resources, utilising footballers to promote their work. PCS supports the annual Show Racism the Red Card Wear Red Day
Page last updated: 28 October 2019