A Work Study Team (WST) has begun a full and thorough review of the end to end NINo process across DWP NINo Operations
The following sites were selected to take part in this review:
- Glasgow – Atlantic Quay w/c 25/03/19
- Leeds – Eastgate w/c 18/03/19
- London – City Tower w/c 29/04/19
- Nottingham – Parliament Street w/c 06/05/19
- Sheffield – Bailey Court w/c 06/05/19
PCS advice for members
In order to ensure that work is correctly timed and taken fully into account we are asking members to ensure they use the following steps:
- Fully check the business need - ask details of work search etc
- Check Intel High Risk List and Identity Alerts on every case
- Do Doubt Notifications if merited
- Self-employment – don’t persuade them out of the idea
- Use Big Word when they speak English but not well enough for the nuance of a question. You must use Big Word for translating the declaration if their English isn’t good enough
- Get a translator to translate the declaration.
- Ask for second form of ID with signature when no signature on card
- Check instructions if unsure of anything
- Preview all cases
- Countersigner checks IHRL
- Countersigner return CA5400 to interviewer for any amendments
- Do complete checks on the documents – not just a flash under the UV Light.
PCS is aware of the time pressures on NINo staff and do not want to increase this but it is essential that every element of the job role is included in this work study to ensure that the correct timings are attributed to the job role in the future.