Annex 2 - PCS Proud Mission Statement
· We will act in a professional manner and in accordance with the rules within the group constitution at all times.
· We will be accountable to both our membership and PCS for our actions.
· We will provide a safe and confidential environment in which to support our members with LGBT+ related issues
· We will display and expect a positive, proactive, can-do attitude and encourage the same of our membership.
· We will develop and apply an effective and efficient communication strategy to ensure that all interested parties are kept informed and consulted as appropriate.
· We will increase the use of e-communication and provide more regular information and contact with members.
· We will provide fully accessible information as and when required.
· We will provide members with opportunities to develop and be fully involved in the activities of Proud.
· We will develop effective links with Groups, PCS Regional Offices and other PCS Equality Forums.
· We will organise the annual PCS LGBT+ Seminar on behalf of PCS.
· We will ensure that Proud has representation on all relevant sub-groups and committees.