What is Disability History Month?
Disability History Month [DHM] runs from 22 November to 22 December each year.
It is an opportunity for PCS members to reflect on the experience and struggles of disabled people in Britain and around the world, and to celebrate and encourage individual and collective activism to challenge discrimination.
Why PCS supports Disability History Month
In the way we organise ourselves and campaign we always strive to ensure we are representing all of our members. We work with members to promote equality and tackle discrimination in the workplace, society and the wider world
Disability History Month is essential in providing information and raising awareness of the contributions that disabled people make, and also the challenges, and discrimination they have faced, and continue to face.
How can you get involved?:
- Organise an event in your branch or workplace.
- Use the DHM poster, photo opportunity cards and leaflet as part of your event; send your event pictures to email@example.com
- Check for events in your PCS region/nation
- Ask your region/nation office to help put an event together and provide you with new membership packs and materials
- Use social media #PCSDHM and get your Facebook pages full of pictures celebrating disability history month
- Send a case study to firstname.lastname@example.org (don’t worry, we can tidy it up) for our website/blog
Please bring this briefing to the attention of members in your branch. Alternative formats are available.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Equality Department on 020 7801 2683. Alternatively you can email at email@example.com.
The following materials are available for use:
- A4 Poster – “Disability History Month: Disability and Music”
- Photo opp cards - “PCS Supports Disability History Month 2018”
- A4 leaflet and factsheet - "Disability and Music"
Alternative formats are available.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Equality Department on 020 7801 2683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.