Welcome to the equality events page.
Details for national equality events, such as the annual equality seminars and festivals, will be posted here, with links to events taking place in the PCS regions and nations.
The equality calendar is an extensive, but not exhaustive, list of key dates and events.
It can be used as a tool for the planning of events in your branch or workplace, such as International Women's Day or Black History Month, both in support of members and to engage with non-members.
It can also be used as a reminder for events taking place that impact on a particular group of members, i.e. dates for start and end of Ramadan. Links to information and guidance will be provided where possible.
The full equality calendar can be downloaded as a Word document.
Below is a snapshot of events over the next two months - which will be updated monthly:
- 1-31 Womens' History Month
- 3 World Hearing Day
- 4-6 TUC Women's Conference 2020
- 8 International Women's Day
- 16-20 Neurodiversity Week
- 21 International Day for Elimination of Racial Discrimination
- 21-22 TUC Young Workers Conference 2020 - CANCELLED
- 31 Trans Day of Visibility
- 2 World Autism Awareness Day
- 24-26 TUC Black Workers Conference 2020 - CANCELLED
- 28 Workers Memorial Day
- 23 April - 23 May Ramadan
- 1 International Workers' Day / May Day
- 4-10 Deaf Awareness Week
- 17 International Day Against Homophobia Transphobia and Biphobia
- 18-24 Mental Health Awareness Week
- 21-22 TUC Disabled Workers Conference - CANCELLED
- 24 Eid
*Black: PCS uses the term black in the political context to apply to people from African and Asian diasporas, including people of dual heritage.