Welcome to the equality events page.
Details for national equality events, such as the annual equality seminars and festivals, will be posted here, with links to events taking place in the PCS regions and nations.
The equality calendar is an extensive, but not exhaustive, list of key dates and events.
It can be used as a tool for the planning of events in your branch or workplace, such as International Women's Day or Black History Month, both in support of members and to engage with non-members.
It can also be used as a reminder for events taking place that impact on a particular group of members, i.e. dates for start and end of Ramadhan. Links to information and guidance will be provided where possible.
The full equality calendar can be downloaded as a Word document.
Below is a snapshot of events over the next two months - which will be updated monthly:
- 1-31 Black History Month
- 5-6 PCS National Black Members Seminar 2019
- 10 World Mental Health Day
- 22-28 Asexual Awareness Week
- 26 Intersex Awareness Day
- 26-27 PCS National LGBT+ Members Seminar 2019
Register online to attend the LGBT+ Members Seminar 2019
- 27 Diwali
- 1-30 Young Workers Month
- 16-17 PCS National Disabled Members Seminar 2019
Register online to attend the Disabled Members Seminar 2019
- 19 International Men's Day
- 20 Trans Day of Remembrance
- 22 Nov-22 Dec Disability History Month
- 25 International Elimination of Violence Against Women Day
- 1 World HIV/AIDS Day
- 2 International Day for the Abolition of Slavery
- 3 International Day of Disabled People
- 10 International Day for Human Rights
*Black: PCS uses the term black in the political context to apply to people from African and Asian diasporas, including people of dual heritage.