Welcome to the equality events page.
Details for national equality events, such as the annual equality seminars and festivals, will be posted here, with links to events taking place in the PCS regions and nations.
The equality calendar is an extensive, but not exhaustive, list of key dates and events.
It can be used as a tool for the planning of events in your branch or workplace, such as International Women's Day or Black History Month, both in support of members and to engage with non-members.
It can also be used as a reminder for events taking place that impact on a particular group of members, i.e. dates for start and end of Ramadhan. Links to information and guidance will be provided where possible.
The full equality calendar can be downloaded as a Word document.
Below is a snapshot of events over the next three months - which will be updated monthly:
- 1 International Workers' Day / May Day
- 8-14 Mental Health Awareness week
- 9 Anti Fascist Victory in Europe Day
- 15 May-14 June Ramadan / PCS
- 17 International Day Against Homophobia Transphobia and Biphobia [IDAHoBiT] / PCS
- 18-19 TUC Disabled Workers Conference 2018
- 9 -10 PCS National Disabled Members' Seminar 2018
- 15 Eid
- 5 - 6 TUC LGBT Conference 2018
- 7 The Women Chainmakers' Festival
- 7 London Pride
- 8 UK Black Pride
- 14 Durham Miners Gala
- 20-22 Tolpuddle Martyrs Festival
*Black: PCS uses the term black in the political context to apply to people from African and Asian diasporas, including people of dual heritage.