This is a two day course running on 9 and 16 October. Discussion Leaders' Training is important next-steps training for activists who wish to improve their discussion skills to help build branch organisation. By completing this course you will have:
- Built on your discussion skills
- Explored some facilitation techniques
- Learnt some techniques for solving problems which may arise
- Become aware of best practice when running a discussion
- Are a method of raising an issue with members in a structured but informal way
- Are an education resource that can be used either in branch meetings or with groups of members in the workplace
- Allow branch officers and activists to involve members in making decisions about issues which will affect them
New reps, union learning reps, those conducting members' inductions or other meetings, branch and regional committee members will find this course particularly helpful.
The Manchester College, St. John's Centre, 2 New Quay Street, Manchester, M3 3BE.
Ann Ainsworth NWTUED@pcs.org.uk or by telephone 0151 298 3900