This is a new course which we expect to be popular. Therefore applications will be on a first come, first served basis.
As equalities issues are integral to our everyday life this course is suitable for all PCS representatives either as an introduction to equalities or as an update. Activists with an equalities role will find it particularly helpful.
The aims of the course are to help you to:
- Understand why equality is at the heart of what PCS union does
- Identify key equalities issues
- Develop a basic knowledge of equalities legislation
- Improve your skills and confidence when dealing with equalities issues
- Know how to progress equalities issues and promote change
- How to support and encourage others in the branch to better understand equalities.
How to apply
Please make sure each application is fully completed and signed by a branch officer before submission. Completed applications should be emailed to Fiona Low - firstname.lastname@example.org