This course is ideal for anyone thinking of changing careers through office closures or redundancy. Many employers and learning organisations require level 2 English as a minimum standard in order to apply / qualify for jobs and courses respectively. Combining this with ICT and taking the course now, whilst it is free (future funding is not guaranteed), will open up opportunities to progress both personally and professionally.
Date: Beginning of February 2019 TBC (One day a week for 20 weeks)
Location: PCS HQ, 160 Falcon Road, London SW11 2LN
- ICT: National Open College Network, which is nationally recognise and awarded at levels One and Two.
- Functional English: Recognised qualification (GSCE equivalent) from awarding body - OCN / IQ
ICT Topics Covered:
- General PC & File Management Skills; Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Office 365
Who can attend?
- All PCS Members in L&SE region that require help with level 1 and / or 2 ICT skills.
- All PCS Members in L&SE region that require level 1 & 2 English (GCSE equivalent)
Action Required by ULRs / Branch Reps
ULRs and Branch Reps are urged to support members to secure the time off to attend these courses and help the employer recognise that the courses can benefit the department by enabling the learner to increase their skills.
Please discuss time off to attend with your line manager once your application been accepted.