The ability of the union to win on the issues that matter for members is dependent on our strength in the workplace.
That strength is best gauged by how “organised” the union is locally.
Organising is not just about how many members we have. We must be fully engaged with them.
Finding the answers to the following questions will be crucial in determining how best to organise members within their workplace:
- How many members are actively involved in the union?
- Are reps and advocates trained and confident?
- Do we know which parts of our branch are strong or weak?
- Do we know which issues matter most for members?
- How do we get our union messages across?
- How do we overcome objections and obstacles to getting organised?
Sign up to this three day course to get more involved in building the union.
PCS HQ, 160 Falcon Road, London. SW11 2LN