The course runs over three Tuesdays on 19, 26 June & 3 July. It is suitable for PCS representatives who have undertaken the New Reps Course and long standing representatives who wish to update their knowledge and refresh their skills.
This course helps develop your skills in representing members. This is primarily in the form of personal casework and negotiating.
The aims of this course are to:
- develop best practice,
- develop skills for handling cases,
- develop planning skills,
- understand, identify and use relevant procedures/agreements in your workplace,
- build confidence in using internal procedures,
- develop interviewing and advocacy,
- develop and practice negotiating skills,
- help you gather information and support around issues,
- find out how to use PC1s/ET 1 forms,
- understand time limits for ETs,
- to understand the processes in negotiating.
To apply please complete ,an application form, ensure that a branch officer authorises it and return to the Midlands Hub .
PCS Midlands Hub
Unit 6 Holt Court
Henage Street West
Birmingham B7 4AZ
firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0121 643 4342 Jean Cooper or Christine Peduzzi