Health and Safety Executive Pay 2018
The HSE PCS national branch committee position regarding the HSE 2018 pay offer.
An update on various issues affecting members in HSE.
An update from the Branch Committee which met earlier this month.
Despite Theresa May’s claim that the public sector pay cap is no more, the Cabinet Office recently confirmed it had only budgeted for a 1% pay rise in the civil service.
The key decisions that HSE has taken so far are:
- Work will be pooled into 5 designated larger offices (Glasgow, Leeds, Bootle, Birmingham, Cardiff) and
- 2 overspill offices (Bedford and Newcastle)
- Remaining offices will have 2 FTE B6 staff
- London has been downgraded from larger office status and will have 4 FTE B6 staff
- All admin support will be entirely managed by Operational Services Division – new B1 Manager post to be created for this purpose.