Health and Safety Executive news
Despite Theresa May’s claim that the public sector pay cap is no more, the Cabinet Office recently confirmed it had only budgeted for a 1% pay rise in the civil service.
The key decisions that HSE has taken so far are:
- Work will be pooled into 5 designated larger offices (Glasgow, Leeds, Bootle, Birmingham, Cardiff) and
- 2 overspill offices (Bedford and Newcastle)
- Remaining offices will have 2 FTE B6 staff
- London has been downgraded from larger office status and will have 4 FTE B6 staff
- All admin support will be entirely managed by Operational Services Division – new B1 Manager post to be created for this purpose.
An update for members in HSE on pay, attendance management, the flexi agreement and the admin review.
Please see details of Annual Calling Notice and Report below
Help put pressure on the government to scrap the 1% public sector pay cap by voting yes in our consultative ballot on pay, which is running from 9 October to 6 November, in advance of the budget on 22 November to ask what action you would support to break the pay cap.