The 2020 annual pay negotiations would, under normal circumstances, have already commenced.
PCS submitted a pay claim for 2020/21 on behalf of every officer on the contract that includes the following demands:
- That all those employed on the contract, in whatever capacity, should minimally be paid the Real Living Wage as determined by the Living Wage Foundation
- A premium for employees who are expected to cover a number of courts
- A supervisors allowance with a pay differential of £1.50 per hour
- An overtime allowance of time and a half for Saturdays and double time for Sundays and bank holidays
- Sick pay paid from day one at company rather than statutory rates
- 30 days annual leave per year
- A one off bonus in recognition of the hard work amidst the Covid-19 pandemic
Although formal pay negotiations have not yet commenced we have written to employer representatives to request an initial formal written response to our demands. A further briefing with an update will be issued as soon as a response is received.
We have a commitment from OCS that any pay settlement will be backdated to 1 April 2020.
We are receiving an increasing number of queries in respect of the attendance allowance due to be implemented on the 1st October 2020. We have not yet received the formal proposal from the employer’s representatives on the criteria for the allowance. We do have some serious concerns about the subjective and punitive nature of such allowances and will be making robust representations. A further update will be issued as soon as the formal proposal is received.
We will continue to update you on a regular basis. We need more members to volunteer to get involved in PCS. If you are willing to become a PCS advocate or representative then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this update with colleagues who aren’t PCS members and encourage them to join; together we are stronger. You can join online.