17 March 2022
One week until strike action at The British Council
PCS members working for the British Council in the UK and on UK contracts will be taking strike action on 24 and 25 March over job cuts, privatisation and changes to overseas allowances.
Our members’ demands are:
- A fair, open and transparent approach and process for transformation. And for management to share the full picture and business case with staff.
- No forced redundancies – only those who want to leave to go on voluntary terms.
- No privatisation/outsourcing of jobs – keep the work in-house for a better service for the public and better conditions for staff.
You can support the strikers by visiting their picket lines from 7.30am to 10.30am at:
- 1 Redman Pl, London E20 1JQ
- 58 Whitworth St, Manchester M1 6BB
- 2-4 Waterloo Pl, Edinburgh EH1 3EG
- The Boat, 49 Queen's Square, Belfast BT1 3FG
- 1 Kingsway, Cardiff CF10 3AQ
You can also show your support by: