Tune in to People’s Assembly rally 12 September
The Facebook live event, chaired by PCS President Fran Heathcote with speakers including our general secretary Mark Serwotka, will highlight how the last year has exposed all the insecurity that working people face under capitalism. Cuts, privatisation, low wages, attacks on social security and the NHS, zero-hours contracts and now fire and rehire.
The pandemic shows that the Tories are only interested in lining their pockets and those of their friends, even to the detriment of public health. We are entering a period of unprecedented struggle, and the trade union movement will be at the centre of defending workers' rights and civil liberties.
Chair - Fran Heathcote - PCS President
- Mark Serwotka - PCS General Secretary
- Steve Turner – Unite
- Sarah Woolley - Bakers, Food and Allied Workers' Union
- Dave Ward – CWU
- Shami Chakrabarti - Barrister and Labour politician
- Howard Beckett – Unite
- Laura Pidcock - People's Assembly
- Lindsey German - Stop the War Coalition
- Barry Gardiner MP
- Matt Wrack - FBU
- Marvina Newton - United For Black Lives
- Steve Gillin - POA
- Holly Turner - NHS nurse
and more to be announced.