New free benefits scheme offers more to members
The free extra benefits on offer to PCS members – such as discounts on insurance, shopping and holidays – have been enhanced and packaged together on one easy website.
We are spreading the word that there’s now a far greater range of products and services available with PCS Plus.
These benefits save money for members and their families, making them a useful part of recruitment and retention in your branches.
The new PCS Plus scheme is being managed by Boundless, formerly the CSMA Club, who have been running one of the UK’s largest membership schemes for more than 90 years.
There are better rates of savings on long-standing member benefits such as LV car and home insurance.
And savings can now be made using gift cards at Sainsbury, Morrison, Tesco and Asda.
The website also provides ideas and inspiration for things to do in your spare time, such as discounted day trips, spa days, sporting events, holidays and experiences.
It’s ready to use straight away – all members need to do is set up an account online at pcsplus.co.uk.
What should reps do?:
- Get yourself registered and have a look around the PCS Plus site to see what’s on offer.
- Let members know they can register for their benefits online at and that is it absolutely free. Anyone in PCS can sign up here.
- Use it for recruitment by talking to non-members who might be interested. For example, Whitemead holiday park has discounted rates for PCS Plus members and it is far cheaper than Center Parcs.
- Talk to members who are thinking of leaving, or who have recently left, about this new addition to the union’s membership benefits. They could save the equivalent of their monthly PCS union subs just by using the supermarket shopping card.
- Reps will soon receive a poster advertising PCS Plus, to put on workplace noticeboards.
Browse the offers: pcsplus.co.uk
Updated 3 July 2018