Now is the time to be a PCS member and get more involved in your union so you can help to win our ballot for industrial action on pay.
It is vital that we can send a clear message to the government to say that PCS members have had enough and need a pay rise. The more members we have, and the more involved those members are, the stronger our message will be.
PCS is pushing for a fair pay increase of 5% this year. The government has removed the 1% pay cap for some other public sector groups and we must show it that wherever we work in the civil service, we all deserve a pay rise.
The more members we have, the stronger our voice.
The deadline for new members to join and be included in our ballot on industrial action is noon, Friday 13 July.
As well as PCS being able to help you with workplace issues, there is also a range of benefits available to PCS members including deals on insurance and free legal advice.
You can join PCS online, by speaking to your workplace rep, or by phoning 020 7801 2670.
Already a member?
Help win the pay rise you and your colleagues deserve by becoming a union advocate.
As a PCS union advocate you will:
- be sent regular updates from the national union about your role
- be offered short training sessions and support from PCS
- occasionally be asked to help out with national and local campaigns and initiatives.
Some of the activities you may do as a union advocate are:
- encouraging your work colleagues to come to union meetings
- making sure colleagues have the latest information from PCS
- encouraging non-members to join the union.
How to become an advocate
- Email your name and PCS membership number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to your branch reps at work
- Phone our membership department: 020 7801 2670.