Today we are launching our petition for fair pay for UK government workers and we need all our members, reps, advocates, activists and supporters to sign and share it.
PCS members deliver every day to keep essential services running, and in the pandemic they’ve done that even more than ever.
Boris Johnson and other ministers have lauded the work UK government workers have done. But now is the time for the government to deliver a fair pay rise, because warm words do not pay the bills.
Prime minister Boris Johnson has already said he wants UK government workers to have another pay cut this year, by limiting pay rises to below 2.5% – the 11th consecutive year of cuts in real terms.
Only a decent pay rise will ensure our members do not have to worry about the cost of living. And our petition tells the government that now is the time to deliver fair pay to our members.
We’re demanding the government gives those workers a 10% pay rise, which is only half the money they have lost in the last decade.
We’re asking PCS members do 5 things to be part of our campaign to force the government to deliver fair pay:
- Sign our petition, on the UK government and parliament petitions website.
- Share our petition on social media.
- Ask a work colleague to sign the petition. The more of us who sign it the stronger we are.
- Get involved in PCS, if you’re not already
- Ask non-members in your workplace to join PCS. The more of us who are in the union, the more chance we’ve got of being successful.
We also want to hear from members how they've delivered during lockdown, email email@example.com
Let’s make sure this is the year it’s not just warm words that UK government workers get, it’s actually a proper pay rise.