Join a special Facebook Live discussion at a PCS conference fringe meeting from 5.45pm on Tuesday (22) as our general secretary Mark Serwotka discusses the next steps in our pay campaign.
Delegates in Brighton are debating a conference motion on Tuesday (22) which calls for a strike ballot to force the government to pay our civil service members a fully-funded 5% pay rise.
Our demand is for a fully-funded 5% pay rise, a living wage of £10 an hour and pay equality across the civil service. Our union knows better than most the crippling impact that low pay and below-inflation rises has on workers' living standards.
With the year-on-year 1% pay cap leaving people poorer than before the crash in 2008, members voted overwhelmingly for a campaign of action on pay. Last year's historic consultative ballot was sparked after the government only offered police and prison service an end to the 1% cap, ignoring tens of thousands in the civil service.
You can also support the pay campaign by:
- Making sure your contact details are up to date so that if we send you a ballot paper it gets to the right address.
- Signing up to become a PCS Advocate to help us win the pay rise you and your colleagues deserve
- Attending PCS meetings at your workplace
- Persuading non-members to join PCS now to back our campaign for fair pay
- Finding out more about our pay campaign.
We deserve a pay rise, our members know that, their families know that. Let’s ensure that in 2018 the government is forced to give them what they deserve.