Join the march and rally on Wednesday 26 February as the strikers near the end of their month-long strike action.
During the last week of a four-week strike by Interserve workers at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, a solidarity march and rally will be held on Wednesday (26).
Assemble at 12.15pm outside the FCO, King Charles Street, London SW1A 2AH. We want to make it a celebration of our public services and our workers so bring banners, placards, family, friends, musical instruments and anything else to make noise and bring attention to our cause.
We will march from the FCO to Old Palace Yard in Westminster for a rally at 1pm.
Speakers at the rally will include:
- Interserve striker
- Member of the shadow cabinet, to be confirmed
- United Voices of the World striker
- Ellen Lees of We Own It
- Others speakers to be confirmed.
Incredible levels of support
Morale among the striking workers continues to be high due to the support they have received from other PCS members, other trade unions, the public and others:
- 1,400 people have used the e-action.
- 38 cross-party MPs have signed the EDM
- There was a well-attended and successful protest outside Interserve HQ last week.
- The trade unions (TUC, Unison and Unite) and individual supporters that refused to cross the picket line and attend Department for Trade and Industry events at the FCO last Monday and Thursday.
- Regular visits from supporters to the daily picket lines and contributions to the strike fund.
- Messages of support sent to the strikers.