Good response to PCS menopause survey
So far 82% of respondents said the menopause impacted on them at work and only 16% said their employer had a menopause policy in place. Alarmingly, 19% said they felt their menopause symptoms had been treated like a joke at work.
Have your say in our quick, five minute survey about members’ experiences of the menopause (https://pcsunion.force.com/pcsdigital/ArdiraSurvey/SurveyResponse.app?recordId=a1w2p000000Zm1o&logicalId=ec47c7b6-57b7-1c6d-6723-364e588a378d). Completing it will give us a wider view of members’ issues which need to be looked at and addressed.
These are steps members can take to get support and raise awareness of the menopause in the workplace:
- Talk to work colleagues about the menopause – you can share information and support each other
- Check if your workplace has a menopause policy. If it doesn’t, contact your local PCS rep to take this forward with your employer
- Find out if your workplace has any menopause networks/groups that you can join
- Get involved in your regional women members’ network by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)
- Enrol on a PCS Menopause in the Workplace course (https://www.pcs.org.uk/news-events/courses).