Against office closures. Against job cuts. For fair pay
HMRC management is continuing its campaign of office closures and job cuts. Under the 'Building Our Future' plans, the majority of offices will close and more than 9,000 jobs will be lost by 2021.
HMRC is refusing to justify its closure plans - to either PCS, parliament or the public. We have asked to see a business case but these requests have been ignored; and management claim that even the huge changes brought about by the decision to leave the EU will have no effect on their closure plans.
HMRC workers now face been made compulsorily redundant, while sometimes in the same areas, the department is recruiting more staff.
Additionally, HMRC management have now imposed yet another pay award - one that means another real-terms pay cut, as PCS members' pay falls even further behind the cost of living.
It is essential that PCS members come together to defend offices, jobs and livelihoods. You should:
- make sure you join PCS, and get your workmates to join
- attend any local PCS meetings
- keep up to date via members' briefings, the group journal Or&cle, the HMRC pages of the PCS website, follow @pcsrcgroup on Twitter and join the PCS R&C group on Facebook
- register your personal email address with PCS
- consider getting more involved in your union as a local representative or as a 'PCS advocate' - see your branch secretary for details.
If we stand together - we can win.
Selected briefings are posted on the latest news section. Your local representative will have access to all briefings issued by the group.
Or&cle is the magazine for PCS members in the Revenue and Customs (R&C) group employed in HMRC and the VOA. It is emailed to members and articles are available to read online.