PCS in the Revenue and Customs group work to protect and improve your working conditions through negotiation with management.
Our collective strength has enabled us to make significant gains as we work with management to promote a modern framework of industrial relations.
PCS members in the Revenue & Customs group are organised into one of 90 separate branches depending where you work.
Each branch has an annually elected branch committee. Branches elect delegates to attend group conference each year where the policies and priorities for the year ahead are established on the basis of the motions that your branch puts to conference.
The Revenue and Customs group executive committee (GEC) elected annually by PCS members in HMRC and the VOA oversees the implementation of conference resolutions between conferences.
In addition there are a number of PCS full time officers dedicated to the Revenue and Customs group based at PCS head office in London.
Our priorities include:
- Delivering fair and equitable pay rises to all members as part of the pay negotiations in HMRC and the VOA
- Campaigning against job cuts, office closures, privatisation and the government’s efficiency agenda
- Playing our full part in the union's national campaign to defend jobs, services and pay
- Ensuring that PCS members in the Revenue & Customs group receive the best possible representation at all levels
- Providing a voice for all our members, particularly in areas where sections of our membership are underrepresented
- Building a strong and well organised union
This website is for you
These pages will enable you to go straight the information you require and, over time, will become an invaluable resource both to representatives and union members alike.
On this site you will find:
- Latest news and updates about issues affecting PCS members in the Revenue & Customs group
- Information and guidance for members to assist them at work
- Resources and support for PCS representatives to help them undertake their work with members on behalf of the union
- Contact points for group and branch officials
- Details of campaigns being run by the group
- Links to other sources of information and assistance
We are especially keen for members (and other readers) to provide feedback on their experience in using the site. If you have any comments, please contact R&CGroup@pcs.org.uk.