Our group campaigns are steered by motions to group conference and by day to day events.
The group has now issued revised campaign guidance for branches, in the form of a campaign pack.
On 31 August 2012 - following our sutained Tax Justice For All campaign, including walkouts, strikes and action short of strike - HMRC agreed to:
- Use the re-investment secured as part of the Spending Review 2010 to create an additional 8,000 jobs in compliance, including an extra 3,000 external recruits.
- Convert temporary and fixed term contracts (TFTAs) to fixed term contracts (FTAs) - ensuring all temporary staff are now be able to apply for permanent positions within the department.
- Run promotion exercises for existing staff.
- Bid for additional re-investment in HMRC and to fully involve the trade unions in this process.
- Conduct a review of overtime use with a view to replacing overtime with permanent jobs.
- Explore all possible avenues to avoid compulsory redundancies and moves.
- Commit to public services being delivered by HMRC people and assure that the privatisation trials in Bathgate and Lilyhall are not about outsourcing or replacing existing HMRC jobs.
- Give PCS full involvement in the evaluation of the trials.
- Instigate two trials on attendance management to test the effectiveness of using consideration points.
None of this would have happened without our campaign. Action gets results.