Our group campaigns are steered by motions to group conference and by day to day events.
The latest edition of the PCS Revenue and Customs campaign newsletter 'Revenue Uncut' can be downloaded from this page.
The group has now issued revised campaign guidance for branches, in the form of a campaign pack.
On 31 August 2012 - following our sutained Tax Justice For All campaign, including walkouts, strikes and action short of strike - HMRC agreed to:
- Use the re-investment secured as part of the Spending Review 2010 to create an additional 8,000 jobs in compliance, including an extra 3,000 external recruits.
- Convert temporary and fixed term contracts (TFTAs) to fixed term contracts (FTAs) - ensuring all temporary staff are now be able to apply for permanent positions within the department.
- Run promotion exercises for existing staff.
- Bid for additional re-investment in HMRC and to fully involve the trade unions in this process.
- Conduct a review of overtime use with a view to replacing overtime with permanent jobs.
- Explore all possible avenues to avoid compulsory redundancies and moves.
- Commit to public services being delivered by HMRC people and assure that the privatisation trials in Bathgate and Lilyhall are not about outsourcing or replacing existing HMRC jobs.
- Give PCS full involvement in the evaluation of the trials.
- Instigate two trials on attendance management to test the effectiveness of using consideration points.
None of this would have happened without our campaign. Action gets results.