Date and venue
The Revenue and Customs group conference will be held on Monday 23 May 2016 (commencing at 9:30 and closing at 17:00), and Tuesday 24 May 2016 (commencing at 9:30 and closing at 12:15).
The conference will take place in auditorium 2 (ex-Hewison Hall) of the Brighton Conference Centre.
Election and conference timetable
- 8 Monday – Motions online will go live at noon
- 29 Monday - Annual report to be produced
- 10 Thursday (5 pm) - Deadline for receipt of motions and completed group nominations forms
- 17 Thursday (5 pm) - Closing date for group election addresses and acceptances
- 11 Monday - Publication of finance report
- 25 Monday – Motions Online re-opens for emergency motions and reference back
- 28 Thursday – Group election postal ballot opens
- 29 Friday – SOC1 Report to be issued to branches
- 13 Friday – Last date for requesting replacement ballot papers for group postal ballot
- 18 Wednesday (12 noon) – Deadline for receipt of completed ballot papers in the Group postal election.
- 19 Thursday – Group election results announced
- 20 Friday (3 pm) - Deadline for receipt of emergency motions and references back
- 23 Monday - 24 Tuesday - Group conference
The deadline for notifying group office of the names of delegates and observers was 10 March 2016. Confirmation of delegate registration has been sent to branch secretaries. If any branch has not yet received their confirmation, or has not yet notified group office of the names of their delegates, they should contact group office urgently on 0151 298 3900 so that conference credentials can be prepared.
Branch delegates should have received confirmation that they have been registered to attend conference and been sent the appropriate expenses form. Anyone who has not should contact group office as soon as possible by ringing 0151 298 3900.
If you, or any of your branch delegation require specialist equipment, or reasonable adjustments to be made, please email R&Celections@pcs.org.uk no later than 5.00pm on Thursday 14 April 2016 using the subject header “reasonable adjustments”.
Branches were invited to make nominations for group executive committee elections as well as for the advisory bodies elected by block vote at group conference. The deadline for nominations was 10 March 2016.
The ballot for election to the group executive committee was conducted by post and closed on 18 May 2016. The ballot results were published in the 'Latest News' section of the HMRC pages of the PCS website on 18 May 2016. The report from the independent scrutineer can be found on this page.
Details of ballots that will be necessary at group conference will also appear here along with candidate names, nominating branches and those positions whereby candidates have been elected unopposed.
Credentials will not be posted to delegates. All those attending conference (delegates, observers, GEC etc) will be able to collect credentials and conference packs when they register.
Registration times and details will be published nearer to conference.
A briefing will be issued prior to conference formally asking for volunteers from branch delegates and we would ask that, once issued, those interested reply as outlined.