Members to be balloted over proposed collective agreement - PCS recommends endorsement.
- HMRC imposes pay deal skewed towards the better paid
- Unacceptable ‘cutting conditions for pay’ proposals passed to PCS
- Union stands firm in defence of hard-won conditions of service
The following have been elected unopposed as regional learning co-ordinators:
- Eastern – John Small
- London and South East – Anne Grier
- Midlands – Debbie Elson
- Northern - vacant
- North West – Shaun Sullivan
- Northern Ireland – Brian Magee
- Scotland – Wilma Wheatley
- South West – Paul Hooke
- Wales - vacant
- Yorks and Humber – Peter Goddard
Congratulations to those elected.
- Imposed pay offer nowhere near PCS pay claim
- No action taken to tackle years of decline in value of HMRC workers’ pay
- PCS group executive committee formally rejects offer
- PCS members to be consulted on pay, starting in September.
With only 90 days to go before a likely no-deal Brexit, PCS meets with the HMRC EU Exit Workforce Planning Team, which fails to answer even the simplest policy questions.