Welcome to the Eastern region black members' network (ERBMN)
PCS's membership is made up of individuals from all walks of life and all parts of the world. We strongly believe that everyone is entitled to be treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Challenging discrimination and winning equality is at the heart of PCS's policies. Because we recognise that equality is an inseparable part of all trade union issues, we actively campaign for equality in the workplace and in the wider world.
PCS is proud of its record in winning equality, but we are not complacent. We will continue to promote equality and campaign to eliminate discrimination wherever we encounter it.
With the threat of big job cuts looming, fair treatment for all is more important than ever before.
The national network started in 2007 and since then has steadily gained considerable support. Today there is a network in every region and in the few years the network has been running it has supported issues raised by under-represented members. We aim to hold meetings for the Eastern region network four times a year and produce newsletters soon after each network meeting.
Our aims and objectives are to:
- Bring together Black members of PCS across the region
- Provide members with information and opportunity to improve the representation of black members in union decision-making events and activities
- Foster knowledge of issues affecting particular groups of black people and to offer support
- Collate and report the views and issues raised by black members
- Build appropriate links with other organisations progressing the equality needs of black people
- Raise the profile of black members' issues within the workplace and PCS
- Uphold the principle of self-determination among the equality groups within the PCS union.
Join the network today, because together we can make a difference.
Unity is our strength
*PCS uses the term black as used in the political context to apply to people who are Asian, Chinese, African, African/Caribbean and Arabic, for example (in other words, people from African and Asian diaspora - including people of dual heritage).
For further information, please contact EasternEquality@pcs.org.uk
Rose Le Dieu
Eastern regional committee liaison
All of the above can be contacted via EasternEquality@pcs.org.uk.
Other useful contacts
PCS Eastern regional equality networks co-ordinator
- Tel: 01733 896336
PCS equality co-ordinator for regional equality networks
- Tel: 020 7801 2727 ext 2186
PCS national equality officer
- Tel: 020 7801 2683