The ARMs Merseyside group is open to all ARMs members living in the Merseyside area.
The Merseyside group is a way of bringing the union closer to you by providing a more accessible forum for your views.
We discuss issues such as a fair state pension with a return of Retail Price Index (RPI) increases, an end to fuel poverty, good social care provision and defending the NHS against further cuts and privatisation.
What can I do?
- If you are about to leave employment or have already done so then please get in touch.
- If you are already an ARMs member living within the Merseyside area, please come along to our meetings.
- If you are a branch secretary with responsibility for members in Merseyside, please inform your members about us, particularly those who you know are about to leave employment. Please consider inviting someone from the group to one of your BECs.
How can I get involved?
- If you have not previously done so, please provide your personal email address, landline and mobile phone number.
- We will use this to correspond with you about forthcoming meetings and matters which we feel will be of interest to you.
- The email address to send your details and any queries is email@example.com
PCS Merseyside ARMs Annual General Meeting
Thursday 12 March 2020, 11.30 to 2.00pm, Lilian Urmston Room PCS North West Regional Office, 3rd Floor Jack Jones House, 1 Islington, Liverpool L3 8EG (handy for Liverpool Lime Street Station)
- Apologies and announcements
- Minutes of previous meeting and matters arising
- Guest speaker: University and College Union (UCU) Dispte
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Elections: the following were elected unopposed
- Chairperson: Neville Grundy
- Vice Chair: Mike Hinstridge
- Organiser: dave Owens
- Treasurer: John Farmer
- Committee (4): Phil Greem, Lynn Killoran, Tom Penn and Jim Stanway.
- Auditors (2): Keith hebron, Patricia McGrogan
- Knowsley Trades Council: No nomination received
- Liverpool Trades Council: John farmer, Keith Hebron
- Wirral Trades Council: Lynn Killoran, Patricia McGrogan
- Merseyside CND: Nevill Grundy
ARMs Merseyside meetings in 2020
- 12 March 2020* (AGM)
- 30 April 2020
- 11 June 2020*
- 30 July 2020
- 10 September 202*
- 29 October 2020
- 10 December 2020*
The meetings marked with an asterix * are all members meetings; the remainder are committee meetings. Members can attend and contribute to every meeting but if a vote occurs at a committee meeting, only committee members can participate. All meetings begin at 11.30am and are held at the PCS NW Regional Centre, 3rd Floor, Jack Jones House, Islington, liverpool, L3 8EG
Merseyside ARMs Blog
You can now keep up to date with the latest developments for ARMs members on Merseyside via the North West Blog which gives links also to our Facebook Page our blog page.
Chair Neville Grundy
Vice Chair Mike Hinstridge
Secretary Steve Ion
Organiser Dave Owens
Treasurer John Farmer
Committee (4) Phil Green, Lynn Killoran, Jim Stanway, Tom Penn
Auditors (2) Keith Hebron, Patricia McGrogan