The ARMs Merseyside group is open to all ARMs members living in the Merseyside area.
The Merseyside group is a way of bringing the union closer to you by providing a more accessible forum for your views.
We discuss issues such as a fair state pension with a return of Retail Price Index (RPI) increases, an end to fuel poverty, good social care provision and defending the NHS against further cuts and privatisation.
What can I do?
- If you are about to leave employment or have already done so then please get in touch.
- If you are already an ARMs member living within the Merseyside area, please come along to our meetings.
- If you are a branch secretary with responsibility for members in Merseyside, please inform your members about us, particularly those who you know are about to leave employment. Please consider inviting someone from the group to one of your BECs.
How can I get involved?
- If you have not previously done so, please provide your personal email address, landline and mobile phone number.
- We will use this to correspond with you about forthcoming meetings and matters which we feel will be of interest to you.
- The email address to send your details and any queries is email@example.com
Next Merseyside ARMS meeting: Merseyside ARMs all members meeting, Thursday, 12 December 2019, 11.30 - 14.00 in the PCS NW Regional Office, Jack Jones House, 1 Islington, Liverpool, L3 8EG
3. Minutes of all 14 November 2019 meeting
4. Matter arising
5. Guest speakers
6. Secretary's report
7. Treasurer's report
8. Trades Council reports
9. Merseyside Pensioners report
10. ARMs NW Regional Committee
11. ARMs national Committee
12. ARMs national Forum
After this meeting you are invited for a pre-Christmas drink in the North Western by Lime street station. However, please remember to vote first in the General Election.
ARMs Merseyside Social Event
This will take place in the Lion Tavern, Moorfields,Liverpool on Thursday, 16 January 2020. This is an opportunity to have a chat, a buffet and listen to some live music from Neville Grundy, Helen Armstrong and Jane Kearley.
ARMs Merseyside meetings in 2020
- 30 January 2020
- 12 March 2020* (AGM)
- 30 April 2020
- 11 June 2020*
- 30 July 2020
- 10 September 202*
- 29 October 2020
- 10 December 2020*
The meetings marked with an asterix * are all members meetings; the remainder are committee meetings. Members can attend and contribute to every meeting but if a vote occurs at a committee meeting, only committee members can participate. All meetings begin at 11.30am and are held at the PCS NW Regional Centre, 3rd Floor, Jack Jones House, Islington, liverpool, L3 8EG
Merseyside ARMs Blog
You can now keep up to date with the latest developments for ARMs members on Merseyside via the North West Blog which gives links also to our Facebook Page our blog page.
Chair Neville Grundy
Vice Chair Mike Hinstridge
Secretary Steve Ion
Organiser Tony Mulhearn
Treasurer Ray Beeton
Committee (4) Rob Davidson, Phil Green, Lynn Killoran, Jim Stanway
Auditors (2) Keith Hebron, Patricia McGrogan