On 12 October, 2017 PCS signed an agreement with the Fire Brigades Union allowing members in the north west to access their distance learning courses without course fees for a trial period with enrollments ending on 31 March, 2018. We are no longer able to accept any further applications for these courses.
This has been a great offer for PCS members who have been able to sign up for the level 2 courses available, which have been:
- Level 2 certificate in common health conditions
- Level 2 certificate in equality and diversity
- European computer driving licence
- Level 2 certificate in understanding autism
- Level 2 certificate in understanding nutrition and health
- Level 2 certificate in team leading
- Level 2 certificate in information, advice and guidance
- Level 2 certificate in principles of dementia care
- Level 2 certificate in working with individuals with learning disabilities
- Level 2 certificate in awareness of mental health problems.
Any PCS members enrolled on these courses should now be looking to finish their courses by the deadline agreed with the FBU. A high completion rate is necessary to allow the possibility of being able to re-offer these courses next September subject to the trial review.
Anyone who has issues with completing or commencing their course should urgently get in contact with Alan Griffiths of the FBU at Alan.Griffiths@fbu.org.uk.