The Associate and Retired Members Network (ARMs) South West is made up of members in the following postcode areas - BA; BH (Dorset); BS; DT; EX; GL; PL; SN (Wiltshire); SP (Wiltshire); TA; TQ; TR.
Nationally the PCS Associate and Retired Members Network (ARMs) provides services and information for members of the union who have retired or moved on to other jobs where PCS does not operate - “ARMs is an integral part of the body of PCS”.
The network ensures the voice of retired members is heard throughout the union and in the wider political arena and pensioner movement.
As an example ARMs south west is currently affiliated to two National Pensioners Convention (NPC) groups - the Devon and Cornwall Pensioners Convention as well as the Gloucester, Avon and Somerset NPC. ARMs South West also has representatives attending the following trades union councils – Cornwall; Bridgwater and District; Bristol; Cheltenham and District; Exeter; Mendip; Plymouth and Torbay and South Devon Trades Union Council.
Details of all ARMs south west activities can be obtained from the regional secretary:
- Trudy Winterburn, regional secretary, ARMs south west, PCS south west regional office, 2nd floor, Tony Benn House, Victoria Street, BRISTOL, BS1 6AY
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 08452 696305
Associate and Retired Members Network
South West Regional Committee 2019/2020
- Chair Brian Gibson (Trowbridge) email@example.com
- Vice chair David Francis (Axminster) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary Trudy Winterburn (Trowbridge) email@example.com
- Treasurer Julian Tomlin (Taunton) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mervyn Ellis (Cornwall)
- Keith Evans (Bristol)
- Geoffrey Ferguson (Cornwall)
- Adrienne Purnell (Plymouth)
- Kevin Russell (Somerset)
- David Wotton (Paignon).
The ARMs south west regional committee meets four times a year – March, June, September and December with an annual general meeting following the March meeting.
ARMs south west regional committee members are looking to build good relationships with working branches and are anxious to build bridges by attending any working branch meeting and would welcome an invitation to do so.
PCS members in working branches are welcome to find out more about the Associate and Retired Members Network by visiting the ARMs pages on the PCS website – or by contacting the ARMs south west regional secretary email@example.com.