The current members of the committee were elected, unopposed, at the annual general meeting on Friday 23 June, 2017. They serve for one year.
Dave Semple, Department of Work and Pensions
John Davidson, HM Revenue and Customs
Sharon Edwards, HM Passport Service
Fiona Macdonald, Scottish Government
- Dave Cartwright, BIS Student Loans Company
- Malcolm Clark, Scottish Government
- Sean Fegan, Registers of Scotland
- Ruth Henderson, Scottish Government
- Sharon King, Ministry of Justice
- Kevin McCafferty, Department of Work and Pensions
- Liz McGachey, Department of Work and Pensions
- Mark Reeve, Forestry Commission
- Taylor Riach, HM Revenue and Customs
- Adam Smith, HM Revenue and Customs
- Rosemarie Smith, Scottish Courts & Tribunal Service
- Gordon Thomson-McLean, Scottish Government
The committee meets four times a year - June, September, December and March.
The meeting is the annual general meeting at which the election of the committee and officers will take place.
Each branch with members employed in Scotland is entitled to send one delegate (who must also be employed in Scotland) to the AGM.
Dates for future Scotland committee meetings, when confirmed, can be found on our events and courses in Scotland pages.
As per the constitution, meetings of the committee may consider motions submitted to it from its branches. In all cases, motions must have been agreed at a properly constituted branch or workplace general meeting.
The subject of any motion considered by the committee must be consistent with the committee's functions and received at least 14 days prior to a committee meeting to appear on that agenda.
Each branch with members employed in Scotland is entited to send a delegate as an observer to a committee meeting, but due to restrictions with venue, this must be agreed in advance of meeting and by contacting Fiona Low on 0141 225 5150, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.