The Public Sector Group Conference will change this year to a motion based conference following the adoption of Motion A46 at ADC 2019, bringing the Public Sector Group in line with other groups in PCS.
A motions based conference will give the PSG the opportunity to submit motions on issues that affect PSG branches thus giving the GEC a programme of work to undertake on behalf of Group branches and members.
So what will change – the makeup of activities at conference will be around hearing and debating motions based of issues brought forward by PSG members and branches – there will be less guest speakers and training taking place, however, we will endeavour to have an element of training for delegates.
Other changes to the PSG Group conference will be the nomination and election process of Group Executive Committee members. These will now all be completed the same as other groups online with all members in all branches able to vote for their chosen delegate. Results will be announced prior to PSG conference.
The following papers have been issued for group conference 2020:
- BB 01 20 PSg Conference Circular 1
- Annex 1- Group Election Regulations and Candidate acceptance forms
- Annex 1a - Group Election Block vote Regulations PSG
- Annex 2 - PUBLIC SECTOR GROUP - Model constitution 2020
- Annex 3 - Motion Form
- Annex 4 - Emergency Motion form
- Annex 5 - Reference back form
- Annex 6 - Branch Delegate form
- Annex 7 - Trainee delegate Form
- Annex 8 - Conference Timetable
- Group Executive Committee Nomination Form
- BB 02 20 - Annual Report Submissions
- 2020 PSg Group Conference Travel Booking Form
- 2020 PSg Group Conference Expenses Form