PCS wants all union members to get involved in their union.
If you would like to get more involved in your union's work but do not hold a formal representative role then we would like you to register as a PCS union advocate.
There are many ways that you can get involved and it doesn't have to take up a lot of your time.
The support you offer the union could include:
- encouraging your work colleagues to come to union meetings
- making sure colleagues have the latest information from PCS
- encouraging non-members to consider joining the union.
As a PCS advocate you will:
- be sent regular updates from the national union about your role
- be offered short training sessions and support from PCS
- occasionally be asked to help out with national and local campaigns and initiatives.
How to register
You can register as a union advocate by:
- contacting your local branch representatives and letting them know that you would like to be registered as a PCS advocate
- contacting the PCS organising department at: email@example.com
- speaking to one of our organisers on 020 7810 2691
- contacting your PCS regional office who will register your interest
- downloading and reading the advocate leaflet
- nominating yourself to be a PCS advocate by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you self-nominate we will notify your branch so they can get in touch.
Please give your membership number, name and up-to-date contact details if sending an email.