The PCS Wales/Cymru core education programme has been updated to offer high quality training throughout our network of TUC approved providers in Wales through which learners can achieve nationally recognised educational credits and awards.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, face to face course delivery has been suspended. We are currently working with delivery partners on providng quality online/webinar courses for representatives.
For further information on PCS Wales Education Courses please contact:
Steve Donoghue - Regional Learning Services Officer 02920 666363 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that anyone applying for any PCS, Wales TUC or other Course or training seminar/update MUST fill in the appropriate application form and email to email@example.com
Due to the devolution of education to the Welsh Government, funding methods of some courses differs in Wales to ther parts of the UK. This means that courses organised in Wales may not be available to representatives who do not live OR work in Wales. Please check the relevant page for your geographical region for courses available in that area.
MOST OF THE COURSES LISTED BELOW ARE NOW FULLY BOOKED. WE WILL BE UPDATING THIS AND OTHER PAGES WITH NEW COURSES AS SOON AS THEY ARE ARRANGED.
What is autism? Are there different classifications of autism? What are the signs someone has autism?
These are just some of the themes covered, all intended to raise awareness of autism.
Approximately 2 hours, delivered via MS Teams.
Delivered for the PCS WULF GALW4 project by Adult Learning Wales
Tuesday 28 July 10am – 12pm FULLY BOOKED
Menopause awareness sessions.
Approximately 90 minutes, delivered by ZOOM.
Women over the age of 50 are the fastest growing group in the UK workforce. Most women will experience menopausal symptoms. Some of these can be quite severe and have a significant impact on everyday activities
This workshop will help you:
- Understand the impact of the menopause and potentially reduce menopause related issues;
- Maintain productivity, retain talent, understand and and increase loyalty;
- Understand how to help women of menopause age;
- Keep on the right side of UK employment law;
- Team Leader/Manager menopause conversations; and
Making pre-menopausal women aware of possible symptoms and offer signposting for help could help women cope better and mean the menopausal impact might not be so great.
This course will be funded through the PCS Wales Union Learning Fund (WULF) GALW4 project.
Two opportunities to take this course:-
Tuesday July 14 (CANCELLED) or Tuesday July 21 - (LIMITED SPACES - 2.00pm)
PCS Short H&S course COVID-19 – Safe return to workplaces
Held online as 2 x 2 hour sessions, one week apart delivered by Coleg Gwent via MS Teams. The course is an induction for PCS members (often existing workplace reps) wishing to become more involved in tackling health and safety issues. It can be seen as an introduction to H&S for new reps, and a top up for existing H&S reps. The course provides a brief overview of how health & safety legislation can be used to assist union organising and when liaising with management. It is hoped that at the end of the course participants will:
- Be appointed as a PCS safety rep
- Apply to attend a fully accredited union safety reps training course when available
- Be more confident about their rights and role in keeping workers safe
- Be more confident to organise members, and challenge employers, around safety issues - particularly in the context of returning to workplaces following the COVID 19 pandemic ‘lockdown’, using the PCS ‘5 Tests’.
Wednesday July 22 and 29 (2PM) FULLY BOOKED
*Racism and Intolerance - changing attitudes in the workplace
Held online as 2 x 2 hour sessions, one week apart delivered by Coleg Gwent via MS Teams.This online course will enable participants to understand:
- why the far right is becoming a rising threat in our society
- how we can counter intolerance and racism with confidence
- how we can make a difference in PCS with an organised trade union approach
Two opportunities to take this course:- Wednesday July 8 and 15 (2PM) FULLY BOOKED or Wednesday July 22 and 29 (10AM) FULLY BOOKED.