There are around 12,000 PCS members and representatives who live and work in Yorkshire, north and north east Lincolnshire, in the 52 branches comprising the Yorkshire and the Humber region.
These pages offer information to members and representatives about the region and and its committee.
Demonstrate against fascism and racism in London in November
A mass demonstration against fascism and racism has been called in central London on Saturday, 17 November and PCS is fully supporting the demo, along with a number of TUC affiliated unions. Members are encouraged to join the demonstration and there will be a number of ways you can travel to the event from within Yorkshire and the Humber. Details of transport options from cities in the region will be published here as they are notified to us.
- Full details to follow. Cost per person £20 (£10 concession) return. Tickets available via Facebook.
- Coach leaves Chesterfield Town Hall, Rose Hill at 8am. Cost per person £15 (£10 concession) return. Tickets and more details available via Facebook.
- Coaches leave The Viaduct Show Bar, Lower Brigate Leeds LS1 6ER at 7am and will depart London at 5pm. Cost per person £20 (£10 concession) return. Tickets available via Eventbrite.
- Coach leaves Scarborough rail station at 6:30am (prompt) and will arrive back in Scarborough at approx 11pm. Cost per person £20 (£10 concession) return. Tickets and more details available via Eventbrite.
- Coach leaves The Hubs, Paternoster Row, Sheffield, S1 2QQ at 8:00am and will depart London at approx 4pm. Cost per person £20 (£10 concession) return. Tickets available via Eventbrite.
- Coach leaves from Leeman Road Memorial Gardens at 7:30am and will arrive back in York at approx 10pm. Cost per person £20 (£10 concession) return. Tickets and more details available via Eventbrite.
We all deserve a pay rise
The summer 2018 ballot is now closed. Thank you to every member in the region who took the time to cast their vote and help deliver the biggest mandate in the unions history. The campaign now continues and the union will be holding a series of briefing meetings within each region to provide branches with an update on the campaign. Details of all briefings taking place in the region can be found on the regional events page.
In November 2018, staff from the PCS regional office in Leeds will be delivering a series of training workshops across the region aimed at reps and interested members. These workshops can.be delivered in a variety of ways at times and locations to suit as many members and reps as possible. As well as, on request, arranging visits to deliver the sessions at workplaces and branches at lunchtimes or after work, there will be Saturday sessions taking place within the region as follows
Saturday 17 November from 10:30am until 1:00pm - PCS Regional Office, Town Centre House, The Merrion Centre, Leeds LS2 8LY
Saturday 24 November from 1:00pm until 4:00pm - Central Quaker Meeting House, 10 St James Street, Sheffield. S1 2EW
If you wish to attend one of the Saturday workshops, would like more information on our pay campaign, or to find out about how to get involved, please speak to your local PCS representatives or contact the PCS regional office in Leeds on 0113 200 5300.
PCS Yorkshire and Humber region on social media
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Flickr to get our updates.
Page last updated 2 November 2018