Other organisations providing information and advice

Many other organisations share our views and are also useful sources of information and advice.

The following are some of the key organisations with whom we keep in touch.

Age UK

A charity which gives help and advice for older people. Locally it provides services focussing on the needs of older poeple.

Nationally, it campaigns to influence government policy and bring about lasting change in the provision of information and advice, research, training and grants.

Age Action Alliance (AAA)

AAA was established in 2011 and is a partnership of organisations from civil society and the public and private sectors, which celebrates the lives of older people and their contribution to society.

They work together and use their diverse skills to particularly improve the lives of the most disadvantaged older people and prevent deprivation in later life.

UK Advisory Forum on Ageing (UKAFA)

A government body aiming to help improve the independence, health and wellbeing of older people through effective engagement and addressing the opportunities and challenges of an ageing society. It aims to ensure that the views of older people are heard and, importantly, responded to.

The forum membership includes representatives from stakeholder organisations, regional representatives from older people groups, devolved nations, government offices and older people themselves and has linked regional bodies.

Yorkshire and the Humber UKAFA Future Years

Is the Yorkshire and the Humber regional body of the UKAFA.

National Federation of Occupational Pensioners (NFOP)

NFOP is the largest occupational pensioner organisation in the UK listened to by the businesses from which members come and by government. NFOP is about campaigning to improve the lives of members through improved pensions, health services and transport, amongst other things.

Royal Voluntary Service (RVS)

RVS volunteers deliver personal and practical support to help older people and raise awareness of the issues older people face through our campaigns and research.

State pension

Information on entitlement to, claiming of and the impact of recent changes to entitlement of the state pension.

Pension credit

Provides information on entitlement to and how to claim pension credit.

Civil Service pensions

The site for current and prospective members of the Civil Service pension arrangements. It also contains links to information for past members who are not yet receiving their Civil service pension (preserved pensions) and scheme pensioners who are already receiving their Civil Service pension.

Tax help for older people

An independent free tax advice service for older people on low incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional advice. If one of the tax advisors cannot deal with your query or problem over the telephone, they will arrange a face-to-face consultation with one of their tax volunteers.

This can be at one of the network of venues available across the UK or, if necessary, in your own home.

The Charity for Civil Servants

The Civil Service's occupational charity, which changed its name from The Civil Service Benevolent Fund in May 2012. It helps all people who work or who have worked in the Civil Service and their families.

It also supports anyone who works for organisations who are or were employed by bodies closely aligned to the Civil Service such as the Imperial War Museum. There is no minimum time period - whether you were a civil servant for a short time or your whole working life - the charity is there to offer assistance to meet life's unexpected challenges.

Citizens Advice Bureau

Helps people resolve thier legal, money and other problems by providing free, independent and confidential advice and by influencing policymakers.

Updated 3 Feb 2017

Share PCS:

Visit PCS social sites: