PCS Digital, powered by Salesforce, is a new digital application for members, reps and branches.
- All members can access and update your member profile data
- Branch officers can access data on branch members and manage their branch
- All reps can access the organising app
Many digital developments will follow in 2020 which will improve the online support for PCS reps to organise, campaign, communicate and manage their branches. The online and mobile experience for members to manage their data and get the best out of their membership will significantly improve.
What is PCS Digital?
PCS Digital is the application which gives our members access to a range of new online services to manage their membership and get the best out of the union. It uses cutting edge digital technology and replaces all of the functionality of iMembership, motions online and the document library, and for reps the “organising app”. It will be the platform that will be used to develop branch management, communication and support functions for reps and members.
How can I access PCS Digital?
PCS Digital gives access to important personal data and therefore security is the top priority. Registration for PCS Digital requires a new PCS membership number, once registration is complete access will be through a user name and password and then a login screen on the website. All branch officers and reps will be emailed with registration details for PCS Digital on a regular basis. Members can register for PCS Digital on a web form. Branch officers will be able to email a registration link, including the new membership number, in a simple quick action from PCS Digital to their members, which will enable members to login in securely. Once PCS Digital is live the registration process will be reviewed to ensure we maximise the numbers of members updating their records.
As a member what can I do in PCS Digital?
You can access and update your membership profile, including change your workplace within your current employer if it needs to be updated. You will be able to access details of your branch committee, including your local rep and branch secretary.
As a PCS rep what can I do in PCS Digital?
In addition to accessing your membership profile, you will have access to your branch organising app through PCS Digital.
As a branch officer what can I do in PCS digital?
- Search for members in your branch.
- Access quick actions to:
- Send a registration link so that they can access PCS Digital and keep their records up to date.
- Send an email with contact details of branch officers.
- Access standard membership reports, which can be customised and downloaded.
- Manage individual and bulk changes of membership, including transferring individuals or groups of members from one workplace to another. Transfers outside your branch will require an authorisation but will use the same simple process used to transfer members within your branch.
- Manage your branch committee, using a simple process for adding or removing branch reps and officers.
- Manage distribution of hard copy materials by allocating distributors, the amount of materials they receive and the address they receive it at.
- Submit conference motions and initiate confirmation of motions, which will be live between the relevant dates.
- Receive relevant documents in a searchable document storage system.
- Access your branch organising app
What training is available?
The first thing to do is to log in and have a look at how PCS Digital functions. Many of the functions are simple and there is help text to explain how the functions work. Each regional and devolved nation office will be holding short training sessions at the end of January and beginning of February. There will also be training materials and “how to” videos.
Who should I contact if I need support?
If you have a technical problem then contact CRMsupport@pcs.org.uk the email address will be managed during normal working hours and we will attempt to rectify the problem as soon as possible. If you want to access training then contact your regional/devolved nation office.
You will have the best experience of PCS Digital by using an up-to-date browser, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
Has my membership number been changed?
Yes, all members have a new membership number which begins with a P, followed by 7 numbers (e.g., P1234567). However, all those in membership before 15 January 2020 (when PCS Digital went live) will have retained their old PCS membership number. Either membership number is valid and can be used for any enquiries or completing any official forms. You can only use your new PCS Membership number to register for PCS Digital.
How can I find my new membership number?
Every email PCS sends to personal email addresses contains the new membership number. Branch Officers have access to membership numbers.
You can ring the PCS Support centre on 0800317464.
There is a handy feature in PCS Digital which enables branch officers to email members individually with their membership number and the registration link.