We campaign on a variety of issues affecting our members and the public services they strive to deliver.
Issue include huge cuts to public spending that are destroying our jobs, working conditions and public services, as well as the closure of hundreds of offices and the impact this has had on communities across the UK.
Three major issues, that members have told us are key for them, are brought together in our national campaign:
We have always argued that cuts are neither necessary nor inevitable and there is an alternative.
We set out our demands in a letter to head of the civil service Mark Sedwill.
Following the coronovirus outbreak our demands are:
- A healthy and safe working environment
- An immediate across the board above inflation pay increase for all staff
- A 2% reduction in pension contributions
- No changes to the civil service redundancy scheme
- A moratorium on office closures and redundancies.