Equality is at the heart of everything we do
In the way we organise ourselves and campaign we always strive to ensure we are representing all of our members.
We work with members to promote equality and tackle discrimination in the workplace, society and the wider world.
PCS is committed to ensuring those members in groups currently under-represented in our union’s structures are encouraged and supported to play a full and active role.
We run five national forums for women, black, disabled, young and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender members, which meet regularly to share information and ideas, and advise the national executive on policy.
Each forum aims to meets at least three times a year and their function is to:
- Advise the national executive on policy issues relating to their particular subject area
- To exchange information on developments in negotiations and campaigns
- To identify areas where guidance is needed for negotiators and local reps
- To consider and develop national strategies to increase the involvement and participation of members in the union.
Each forum specifically encourages participation of members from that specific group. Members of each forum can be contacted via the Equality department for further information: email@example.com
Every year our equality forums and committees produce two editions of each of their equality journals - with the exception of the Young Members Newsletter which is issued four times each year.
- Equality Freedom & Justice - Black Members
- Disability Matters - Disabled Members
- LGBT+ Matters
- PCS Women
- Young Members Newsletter
We support international days that celebrate equality and diversity. Details on the Equality Calendar
Policies and Regulations
- Promoting equality in PCS
- A guide to bargaining around equality and equality impact assessments
- Equality Act 2010
- PCS harassment protocol
Telephone 0207 801 2683
*Black: PCS uses the term black in the political context to apply to people from African and Asian diasporas, including people of dual heritage.